First day working in the volunteering project today. I am trying to teach village women some English. Which is not easy as I have very little supplies & I don't understand Hindi. But the organiser is going to get me some equipment & seems ok with what I am doing so far. She wants the women to learn how to type but I am not sure about this is valuable or not for the women.
We went in to the Old City of Jaipur this afternoon. So our first ride in an auto-rickshaw.. It was very very busy & conjested. It was very smelly with cows and dogs and goats roaming about. It was also hot. The Old City has a lot of bazaars in, which sell everything from motorbike bits to handbags & shoes. We didn't do any shopping- we were just getting our bearings a bit. We went to the City Palace, which is where the Maharajah lives & we think we saw him. We did get hassled by beggars- but we were with Amanda, who was dressed in western clothes (we weren't), and she got alot more hassle then Claire and I did. We got back about 6pm. I took some photos but the lead for my camera is in my bag.......
We are not working tomorrow- there is a festival. Also there is another flight from Moscow due in tomorrow morning so I am really hoping my bag is on it! I am going to prepare some more for the next class, and we are going to plan what we are going to do this weekend.
Tuesday, 4 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gutted that we're missing out on your pics. Hope your bag turns up. Write soon. Chris x
ReplyDeleteHope you're ok Caroline & that your bag turns up soon. Can't wait to see pics & catch up more with what you've been upto, take care Denise xx
ReplyDeleteHi
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments. I will post some pics once I get my bag back..
This all sounds like a very big and exciting adventure. Hope you get your bag back soon!
ReplyDeleteGibbo xx