Claire really was sick. Too much sun during the day we spent in Pushkar, coupled with not enough water and strange food. Unfortunately she did not manage to do very much other then spend the day in the room. We were planning to leave for Udaipur on Tuesday but she was not fit to travel so it did delay our plans for a day.
I pottered around a bit & got sunburnt. I went in to Jodphur town centre. It is a lot smaller & quieter place then Jaipur, which was a relief. It was also a lot less touristy then Pushkar- thank goodness. This part of Rajastan is really a desert and you can see the difference in the landscape. The monsoon has really failed this year, and the Government are being asked for assistance for the farmers. In the market, I did not really notice that many local people buying anything...
I had the best lassi of the trip so far, and wandered around the market and the other shops. Not too much hassle or begging either, which was good...
Spent the evening reading and being eaten by ants... I was worried about mossies and did not even think that there would be ants big enough to bite.. I have a really nasty bite on my leg, which I scratched & it has now blistered.
So, although I am disappointed that we have not been able to do the things we wanted to do today, I have been able to relax...
Thursday, 20 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment