Friday, 7 August 2009

Friday 7 August- very hot!! No, really hot...

Had a good morning at the women's project this morning. We had 6 women there- all of them in there 20's, most of them have children.

The schools here are either the Government schools, which parents still have to contribute to, or private schools. I think most people have an education up to a certain level. So, these women will have been to school but now are housewives.

So we do a bit of vocab. I am also trying to get some components of a sentence together- which is going to be next week's task. Today we did the family trees. Which was really good & got a bit complicated due to Hindi/English translation. It was Claire's suggestion and worked really well. My family tree had to get a bit extended- so I suddenly had a niece and nephew.

We have had a lazy day today. It is so hot today. Just as I thought I was getting used to it....

We are going to Bundi tomorrow: http://www.kiplingsbundi.com/index.htm. We are going by car and the roads are pretty awful apparently so we are leaving at 7am in the morning. It is really hard to get to by public transport but it will be nice to go in a car due to the air-conditioning!! It seems to be quite a small place with a palace and a temple.

It looks as though we will be leaving Jaipur on Friday. We won't be working as it is another festival. We will be heading to Pushkar, then on to Jodhpur, Jaisalmer & Udaipur.

No comments:

Post a Comment